Wednesday, March 26, 2008

PHOTO AND ARTIST STATEMENT FOR BROOKLYN MUSEUM CONTEST BY JACKIE GONEZE!



THE CHANGING FACES OF BROOKLYN

I believe my neighborhood is changing in many distinctive ways. I think that most of the change is very good for my community and the people who have the community as part of their lives. I see from my perspective new faces and evolution in my community. Things are being paid attention to that weren't a couple years ago. Brooklyn to me, is getting a makeover that shows maturity in our fellow neighbors. Say for instance the parade ground playground right across the street from Prospect Park in my area, it use to be dangerous and thugs in front of all the entrances of the play ground. It was a playground for children but hardly any child would be there after 5:00 on a summer afternoon. Our community started to realize that there was a need for change and it happened. Nowadays the park is filled with shrills of laughter from little children that come from school and parents sitting comfortably on benches chatting away with friends or watching the little ones enjoy their childhood. This to me was a good change in Brooklyn. I believe this was one big step to changing the face of Brooklyn.
I'm a very random person you'd ever meet. I love seeing new things in real life and changing it into something you didn't see before. I am from Brooklyn. I am fourteen years young. I am very open minded and free spirited. I am not a stranger to trying out new things. This is actually my first year of doing photography. I love everything about photography. My goals in photography are to become better at it and make people see something they wouldn't usually see. My favorite thing about photography is seeing and showing different things in a new light.

No comments: