Monday, January 14, 2008

OUR TRIP TO MoMA!

We took a fabulous trip to the Museum of Modern Art in Manhattan (the first time for all of my students!) and saw some amazing photography. We saw works by Alfred Stieglitz, Diane Arbus, Gary Winogrand, Edweard Muybridge, Vik Muniz and others. Here are some reflections and images from our trip:

Photos by Jackie Goneze, Patrice Thierens








Angeneris Cifuentes:
"Our trip to the Museum of Modern Art was a great experience to all of us. We had a lot of fun. At first, we saw a very nice piece of artwork, which was a wiggly, imbalanced ladder. It was a very interesting piece, by Martin Puryear. Then we saw another piece of artwork which was a huge wheel. It was way bigger than me. After we finally came to the photography exhibit, and we examined all the different types of pictures we saw one of the artists, who takes pictures of his wife’s hands, is named Alfred Stieglitz, we saw a few of his pieces . After all, we all had a lot of fun and it was a very exiting experience."

Denaya Banks:
"When I went to my trip to MoMA I saw many christmas lights covering the lights out side the restaurants. My favorite part of the trip was the train ride because on the train we got to eat & chat with our friends, we also played a lot of fun games.
The best work I saw was the picture by Vik Muniz that was made of garbage. I was inspired by it, and I tried to do one on my own."

No comments: